Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, August 15, 2016

Day 226: Some days are just like that.

The day started at 5:30 when Abishai woke up crying.  So I fed him, tried to put him back in his crib, but Jared eventually brought him to our bed and we slept until 8:30.  This is a rare thing, thank goodness.  Because of the later start, naptime was later, so we had to arrange the day a bit.  The middles went to a Kidustrial Park kick off party at church (for Sunday School) with bounce houses, carnival games, and prizes.  Then Jared brought them home for a bit, and then it was my turn to take the oldest two boys to Crave, their middle school and high school youth groups.  And boy oh boy it was overwhelming and loud and I wasn't even in there!  I'm glad they like it, but it's not for me.  I don't want flashy lights and extra loud songs in my way of worshiping God.  They had cupcakes and milk for the kids too.

I had some lovely conversations with people yesterday and today.  But, Benaiah goes to a private school starting tomorrow.  He's very, very excited.  I'm devastated.  It might be hard to understand for some of my readers, but it's a big deal for a homeschool mom to send her kid to any other school, no matter how great it is.  At least it's a big deal for some of us. And it's a great school!  It's just super hard to let go.  It almost feels like sending your kid to college.  He doesn't want you to take pictures.  He barely will let you put your arm around him to pray.  It's a necessary thing at this point. I'm sure it will be a great year for him.  I just don't know when I'll get over it.

Benaiah did have a great morning! He got to be the stage manager for the church services!  That means that he made sure mics had batteries, he told the band or Gpa when to go on stage, and if had been in the right dress code, he would have walked Gpa's notepad out to center stage and back.  Way to go, B!

Keturah played with the duplos today and came up with this.

Night night tiny Lego in a cars duplo house.

I managed to get the rest of the toys of of the porch today!  In one of the thsoe boxes were the stacking cups.  Abishai loved rearranging them on the table all by himself.


Waking up time.

Their loot from the kids' park carnival.

You see all those kids? That's for Crave, the youth group.  They are so  loud!  I've never appreciated loud music or kids.  But my boys like it.

And then, Benaiah's friend David, held Justin up in the air.  Benaiah tripped David on purpose, and down came Justin over David's shoulder smashing his face into the carpet.

He's going to have a nice bruise by morning.

Benaiah working on packing his school bag.
And that's all she wrote.  Tomorrow's a new day.  Gotta figure out what I'm doing for co op class!

No comments:

Post a Comment