Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 185 Boom!

Oh, the neighbors are setting off fireworks something fierce tonight.  It has never bothered my kids, so I'm not worried.  It's just that time of year.  Plus, "the corn is knee high by the fourth of July," something I learned when I moved out here when I was 18.  It means it will be a good crop year if it's grown that much.

Meanwhile, Abishai woke up and was awake from 12:30 until 2am last night and nothing I did could settle him.  Finally Jared got him back down.  So we slept in this morning and made it for the 11am service instead of 9:15.  I'm glad we have a choice.  Abishai seems to like it fine in nursery, which is good.  And we were able to fix our names in the system.  You have to sign your kid in electronically and print their tags and such.  Fancy, yes, but necessary.

Then it was home for lunch and naps.  I've been feeling quite tired and unmotivated lately, so I laid down and slept for over an hr.  Abishai slept for 3 1/2 hrs.  Then we to the inlaws for supper and to hang out with the cousins.  Everybody seemed tired, and I think everyone is ready to be in their proper places in their proper homes getting back to their proper routines.

Cuteness.

Miss Beautiful in her star spangled dress!

Walking with Grandma at church, just like the other kids did.

Running down the ramp from the gym to the sanctuary, just like the old kids did.

Abishai just wanted to zoom the building block bucket around the house.  He threw a fit when it was dumped out!

Cousins, 1 1/2 yrs apart, but only 1/2 inch apart in height.

Doggie had playtime too.

Again, 1 1/2 years apart, but very close in size.  Keturahd nad Nora share stickers.

Playing with Uncle Aaron.

All lined up.

Abishai and Nora, definitely cousins, could be siblings with their blonde hair and blue eyes!

Uncle Aaron's Mini Me.  String beans I like to call them, thin and lanky.

Olaf is ready for bed.

New nightlights from Grandma.

Yes, Abishai has the candle torch, but there's not way he can turn it on.

We had to stay on the porch to do sparklers because of the rain.

No, Grandma, I said I wanted the whole box to myself!
Tomorrow, Benaiah goes to CIY, the cousins leave, we have to pack Keturah for camp, as well as get all her goodies up here.  Not much of a family day when we all scatter like that.  But it is a holiday weekend for some.  Happy birthday, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment