Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 183 Oh, Canada!

Happy Canada Day! Canadian National Anthem

Once again, we are in the States for Canada Day.  But this time, it's not for vacation, sadly.  I saw lots of my friends post on Facebook about their fun, electronic free days at the beaches and BBQing.  That will be America on Monday.  So, it just so happens that my friend Alisha and I planned a tea party for the girls today, not realizing that it's July 1st.  What fun!

Taken yesterday, but, our Canadian, with his Canadian  cloth diaper.  

Happy Canada Day!

Bubba, whatcha doin?

He did this all by himself this time, the little rascal.



It was a bunch of work, but we had fun.  I got to use my grandmother's china and the crystal plates and bowls we received at our wedding.  Everyone dressed up and wore fancy hats.  Shauna got to borrow some really neat hats from her mom from the 40's and 50's!  SO COOL!  But I am so tired, it's hard to put words together.  We did play a couple of games, too, like tea party Bingo and guess the flavor of tea by smelling it.  I used mostly fruity teas so they would be more recognizable.

We had lots of food, too, which the boys were jealous of.  They left to do errands this evening during the party time.  It was nice having the house all tidied up and not have to watch Abishai while I ate and served.  And Alisha and Leah did most of the clean up.  I'll try to list out what we had to eat in the picture captions.

The lovely Miss Everly, Miss Keturah, and Miss Nora.

The table full of goodies and beautiful china!

Some more goodies!

Lovely Ladies!

Miss Nora with the chocolate sauce.

Mrs. Shauna, Miss Everly, Mrs. Leah, and Miss Keturah.  I just LOVE Shauna's hat!  Straight out of Downton Abbey!

Mrs. Alisha and Mrs. Leah in deep conversation.

Miss Keturah

Some more lovely ladies with their hats, gloves, pearls, and hats!

Justin wanted a piece of the action, but he didn't want to get left out.  So cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment