Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 202 Homeschool Talk.

Well, the two main errands today was meeting a couple of ladies that are part of the homeschool co op we are joining and then getting our library cards.  Wahoo!  Both are vital to the homeschooling journey.  Although, I won't need the library as much this year because we'll finish up 20th century and then restart from the beginning of time with Creation, and I have more than I need on that ancient civilizations!  Phew!  I'm glad I won't be dragging so many books to and from the library this year.

I'm very excited about our homeschool co op.  It meets from 8:30 to 3:30 on Mondays, which is crazy long for us, but that ok.  We'll stay home all day Tuesday to wind down from it.  They do offer credits all the way up through high school.  It's about 11-15 families.  And guess what I signed up for?  To teach 4th-6th grade math! Using the curriculum I already use, Math-U-See.  Bonus! Hardly any prep! I'll get to meet the rest of the moms next Monday.  Oh, and it's only 10 minutes from my house.  Triple yeah! And today, I got to experience McAllister's Deli for I think the first time ever.  There website was very helpful with showing a gluten sensitive menu.  They were very upfront and said they would caution those with celiac to eat there because of cross contamination.  It's basically a soup, salad, and sandwhich shop, but, they over gourmet baked potatoes!  Seriously, these things are 8 inches long and you can have all kinds of things on them including chili, or chicken, cheese and broccoli, bacon, and the rest.  Plus their wildberry lemonade was awesome.  Super excited about a new restaurant where I don't actually have to ask for no bun or bread and explain that I'm gluten sensitive.

Anyway, I talked at length with Jared today.  He mowed the grass today, and washed dishes! The students arrive tomorrow.  He sounded tired.  I don't think he's mowed a yard in 5 years.  We didn't have to in Charlottetown because the landlord paid someone to mow both sides of the duplex.  Benaiah probably did the majority of mowing that last year before we moved to PEI.  So, it's been awhile for him or I.  Fun stuff!  He has to call between 2-3pm our time because it's 8-9pm their time.  We are able to call using FaceTime audio as long as he is in wifi.  I prefer to be in wifi on my end b/c otherwise it would take up a bunch of data.  We can text while he's in wifi too.  Which is always fun.

Not many pictures today because I was out "doing stuff." I'll be doing more stuff tomorrow with playdates and school meetings, so we'll see.

New library cards!!

Guess what they borrowed? More Punky Brewster!  And because it was the camping episode and Brandon, the dog, was in it, and it was the end of the day, and he was tired, Abishai sat still for awhile!

Chillaxing.  So glad I didn't get rid of this chair that always seemed to get in the way!

Baby toes!  It's rare that I can get him to sit still long enough for a clear picture!

Zoned out, and dimpled baby hands!

Poor Justin didn't feel great off and on all day, but he couldn't pinpoint what hurt.  I finally told him to go to bed and he fell asleep at 7:30 way before the other two did!  He usually doesn't sleep until 9:30.  I hope he's ok for his playdate tomorrow!

Look what I found in our bed!  A Keturah!  She made herself at home before I could give her permission to do so.  But she loves these Rainbow Magic fairies books (probably twaddle, but I'm ok with a little twaddle), so she couldn't wait to get started on a new one.

There are over 200 Fairy books written by 4 writers all under the pseudonym of Daisy Meadows.  I'm thinking it started in the UK because on the list we printed out, it showed where they would sometimes change the name of the fairy or what she is based on what the culture knows.  For example, in the UK, cotton candy is known as candyfloss.  Also, there were some special books listed like "Kate the Royal Wedding Fairy" and "Elizabeth the Jubilee Fairy" and "Georgie the Royal Prince Fairy" and "Charlotte the Baby Princess Fairy."  Hm,...those names sound familiar don't they?  The UK Royal Family of course! Neat!



No comments:

Post a Comment