Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 208: Full of mischief


Need less to say, I can't wait to have another adult in the house to deal with the youngest.  Abishai sleeps 3 hrs a day in the afternoon, but it's never enough time to get it all done.  He's into everything and isn't entertained with one thing for very long.  I have books, books, books to make decisions about that need concentration.  I have to figure out what to put out and what to keep in boxes.  I don't think it's going to be done for Jared's homecoming.  But, Benaiah, Abishai and I took a drive to the storage place and switched out a load of boxes, plus he brought up another stack for me from the garage.  Abishai loved seeing what was stored in the big barn (see pictures below).  Grandma Johnson took the middles with her to Bible study.  Then there was a meet up at Taco Bell for Taco Tuesday for the middle schoolers, so they went there for lunch.  Then, our young teenager neighbor knocked on the door asking for a ride to Olive Garden for an interview.  Her ride was out of gas.  I happily did took her because she's so sweet and it was 10 minutes away.  We gathered our library books and ran that errand after we dropped off our neighbor.  Finally it was chaos until everyone was asleep.  Sigh.  We are all ready for Daddy to come home.

We got a gift from our co op group on PEI today!!!  Wow!  I'm blown away by their generosity.  I LOVE the shirt, and one of the teens made the necklace.  Wow, so awesome!

Island Life, that's for sure.

And speaking of, look what I found in the box of older girl books!  My copy of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea.  I did probably read this when I was 5th-6th grade.  I also found our collection of original American Girl books, like Felicity, who is now retired.  I found a bunch of Laura Ingalls Widlers books, my Thoroughbred chapter book series, and  a horse book written for teens by one of my favorite authors, Lauraine Snelling!  I had no idea I owned this book!  It's going in a differeent box, once I find it.

Our crazy crew from Charlottetown.

Part of my book problem is that these bookcases can't be placed yet because it will block the path to moving the old friedge out and moving a new one in.  Sigh.  A mess.

Too many little school supplies, plus Abishai climbs on the table, so I was force to put up another gate.

The bookcases go where those boxes on the left are.


Jumpy jump.
The boys found a big machine. 
Look Mom! It looks just like the one I have at home only 1000 times bigger!  He was thoroughly impressed.
 Here's some pics from Austria:
Clouds over the Haus in Austria.

Beautiful.

Rose Garden in Baden

Pedestrian only alley in Baden.

Beethoven's house he rented for 3 summers and possibly wrote the 9th symphony in !

A baby bird that doesn't know how to fly back up to his nest.
 And finally, a quick trip to the library.  You can listen to someone read a book aloud.  This summer, it's been the players of the Indianapolis Indians baseball team.  Cute kids and cute frog!


No comments:

Post a Comment