Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 189 Cousins, hard drives, and parallel parking.

Well, first, parallel parking.  I have to take a driving test and that includes parallel parking.  I haven't done that since my original driving test 19 years ago, so, time to practice.  And well, not so fun.  I still hate it, don't want to do it, and gave up after a few tries.  I'll try again tomorrow.

That was after a great day with cousins from the other side of the family and then walking into Benaiah's new favorite "candy" store.  Ok, he wasn't with me, but that's what I thought when I walked into Fry's Electronics.  Wow!  They've got everything you need to build your own computer, network, and more!  Sweet! I just handed over the serial number on my computer and not only did the guy find a hard drive, he price matched it for me on the internet without me even asking!  Sweet!  Now, I don't know if is exactly what I need, because I didn't notice what size it was, and I think I have to switch something out totally which may require more work, etc.  Thankfully, they have a service department, too.  But, at least I took the first step, right?

But the best part of the day was just getting to hang out with two little munchkins and their mommy.  Yeah for cousins!  Rosie is 4 1/2 and Eli just turned 2.  They are so full of energy, even more energy than Abishai has, if you can imagine that! I only had Justin and Abishai with me, but that's ok.  We'll get to have more visits over the next year!

Justin did get tired of playing with the younger three, but he tried to be very polite about it.  I also found Minecraft for the PS4 at Fry's, so I bought it for him.  Now I don't have to download it to my computer right now.  I asked him if he felt like he had had enough treats yet, and he said yes.  Lol.

Perks of having friends with phones at camp! Keturah with a new friend!

Yeah, pool time!

Jealous!  I always wanted to go canoeing, but my camp had us take swim tests and I never passed!  Fun!

Cousins are so busy that it's just a blur! Lol!

These kids are little but mighty!

Having a chat, in their very own language!

Sharing!

Justin was trying to get his matchbox car that changes color to change color.  So, we thought it changes color with cold water and it wasn't doing much so we put it in ice in the freezer.  Now we have a car stuck in a block of ice.  Hm,...

Minecraft!  Hours and hours and hours of fun!

Look mom what I can do!

And I can do this too!

Already playing hard at Minecraft!

My new hard drive, wish me luck as I make sure it's the right one and possibly install it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment