Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 206: RIP Sugar Free Peanut Butter



Sigh, the glass jar of sugar free peanut butter broke.  We had one "date" together.  It feel when Keturah was trying to get a kit kat bar from the top shelf of the fridge.  (I'm beginning to understand why some don't like side by side fridges, sigh).  I had heard a "thunk" but didn't think much of it when she asked for help.  She had put the jar back into the fridge because she didn't know what else to do.  So, in walks Abishai and I, not knowing those little glass shards were all over the floor.  Ouch!  Poor Abishai got a little poke on his foot and got upset.  Drip, drip, drip.  Yup, a scratch, no glass, but nice little blood spots all over the floor.  I cleaned him up and sent him and Keturah to their room so I could clean up.  I vacuumed and used a wet paper towel, and then gated the entrance to the kitchen.  But, there was nothing I could do to save the peanut butter.  So sad! I was counting on that for a snack tonight! And even a trip to Wal-Mart with the boys made by my father in law on their way home from swim and Bible Study turned up nothing! Not even the natural or organic peanut butters were sugar free.  Hm,...at least I got my cashews to eat.

And that was towards the end of the day.  Abishai and I skipped church because, who knew, that spicy guacamole and eggs don't mix.  I felt so ill.  Whoops!  And Abishai normally naps during the church hr, so it was easier to keep him home.  Thankfully, my mother in law was able to get the kids before going to church for me.  So, I took a nap, too. Later on, she came back to pick up a swimsuit for Justin for tonight, and I was able to practice parallel parking and Benaiah brought some boxes upstairs from the garage for me.  It's been a long day.  And it's going to be a busy week.  And I have a VERY busy toddler that is making it near impossible to get anything done.  And around and around it goes.  Oh yeah, and I barely stepped outside today because it was 95 degrees without the heat index! I'm melting!  So is Jared, but I guess it was cool enough at night in Austria in the foothills of the mountains to have a campfire.  You know how Jared loves his campfires.  But, I need him back soon.  Just a few more days.  I'm sure he has lots of stories to tell, too.  Thank goodness we have iPhones and can Facetime when he's plugged into wifi over there.  Technology and the "messiah" phones are awesome!

P.S. I will trade my individually packaged spicy guacamole for some natural peanut butter! Seriously!

Someone from the church made some yummy cinnamon rolls.  Well, I didn't taste them myself, but they look great!

Raisins in the middle!

We like to play with our food.

That's a breakfast sausage with some goldfish on a semi truck.

We added a few more lights to Keturah's room the other day.  I just forgot to take pictures.

Step 1: Grab the couch cushions

Step 2: Pull up, hold on for dear life while dangling feet over the edge 

Step 3: Get those knees up!

Step 4: Enjoy the end result: Buttons!

Reading, reading, reading.


Reading, reading, reading!

And big baby toes.  (I'm experimenting with the macro lens again).


No comments:

Post a Comment