Our Family

Our Family
Justin (16), Keturah (13), Benaiah (19), Abishai (6), Melinda, and Jared

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 212: Every which way

I guess this becoming more of the "new normal" which older kids, but everyone seemed to be at different places again today.  Justin and Benaiah went to church with Grandma and Grandpa, while Jared, Keturah, Abishai and I had a slow morning of Minecraft for Jared and Keturah, and figuring out picture transfers on iCloud for me.  Then we made it down to the grandparents' house in time to put Abishai for a nap while Grandma, Benaiah, Jared, and I had dinner there after everyone came home from church.  Grandpa took Keturah on a date, with our friend Karl.  Keturah told Karl all about our family and Karl told Keturah all about the farm he works on.  Karl is a huge guy in his 50's who loves to call Keturah is "sugar bear." It's so cute!  Then Jared took Benaiah to get school supplies (which is another whole story, i.e. if you want to be particular about something, do it yourself) and came back with about half of the list found.  You can tell we've never shopped for school supplies on a specific list before.  Benaiah starts school in two weeks!  Abishai finished up a nap and then Jared, Keturah, Abishai and I came home while Grandpa took the two boys to their swim and study groups.  Justin had been with his friend Bryce all afternoon playing...drumroll....Minecraft! (I see a theme here!)  Are you confused yet?  So am I! And now we are talking about joining groups like Bible Bowl, maybe sports, and of course school and co op.  There's just not enough time in the week!  I'm sure we will figure it out, but we need to be careful to protect family time, too.

Meanwhile, Amazon delivers on Sunday (who knew!) and I found a lovely package of collagen, oat fiber, and gluccamon (sp?) on my doorstep when I got home.  Yeah!  I can make my Trim Healthy Mama copycat backing blend! So I did that, and also made some coconut flour chocolate zucchini muffins.  I've never baked with coconut flour before, and they came out ok, but really gooey.  Hm,...But just doing that has left me exhausted.  So exhausted, that I don't feel like taking pictures of them.  Maybe next time.  I also picked up the house tonight so I can dig into those school books first thing tomorrow.  They don't fly onto the shelves by themselves, right?  Such a huge project for me.  But we can't do school without some organization and room to work.  So, that's the goal this week: books and getting to a water park before they close for the summer next weekend.  Yes, next weekend, in the middle of what I consider summer, because the student lifeguards are already in school because they are on a balanced calendar.  Seems silly, but it's the truth.  Oh well.  I still have 4 weeks or so of summer left, so we are going to do what we can to enjoy it.  Then we'll tackle the bookwork after Labor Day.

Whatcha doin' Dad?

Can I help?

What does this do?

I can clean out the vacuum too!

Working together.

Jared bought two German Bibles at a local monastery in Austria.  Why two? So that he and Benaiah can read them together!  Jared studied German in high school.

Whoops, upside down, but there's a reading plan on the inside covers of the Bibles.

Jared also bought Benaiah a shirt and shorts for a total of $15 Euro, which is about $15!  And wow, these are Jared's size, too!

Different prices based on type of currency.

Old school doctor set at Grandma's house.  Now, who's the patient and who's the doctor?

No comments:

Post a Comment